- Environment Protection
- Response to Climate Change
- Water Resource Management
- Green Manufacturing
- Greenhouse Gas inventory & reduction
We are fully aware the importance of environmental impact that unavoidable and related to our manufacturing processes, thus it is our responsibility and commitment to protect the environmental, our dedication and continual improvement, we shall:
- Conform to requirements of environmental laws and regulations
- Improve continuously the prevention of pollutions
- Carry out energy and resource-saving projects
- Implement education and training in environmental protection
APEX's strategies for responding to climate change are to monitoring risks and opportunities in aspects of regulations, natural disasters, customer requirement and company reputation, and lead to actions taken as below:
- To understand the GHG emission/inventory of APEX, and also obtained the assurance of its result from third-party.
- Set up energy saving target, cooperate with qualified supplier/government resource with system-integrate technology, to be most efficiently consume energy during the production behavior.
- Plan to install roof-top solar cell PV model for the first stage of renewable energy adoption policy within 3 years.
- For water resource management, to survey the solution to recycle the front/middle/after production water usage, saving water and reduce the risk of drought impact to APEX.
- 5. Green Production : strictly require factory and suppliers of the prohibition of conflict minerals adoption, and well treatment for factory waste chemicals.
Since water resources are inherently local, APEX collaborates with the Industrial Estate Administration to discuss raw water allocation and emergency response plans for water shortages. APEX understands that climate change can cause flooding and drought. We took the following actions to respond to water resource risks.
- Identified short-term and long-term water resource risks.
- Developed and executed short-term and long-term water resource risk mitigation projects such as wastewater recycling.
- Continuing to conserve water consumption in each fab.
Thai factory CW water utilization rate
Before recycle: 84%
After recycle: 95%
Estimated to save water 459K M3 in 2016
APEX seeks to optimize processes to minimize raw material use and waste production, protecting the environment while reducing costs at the same time. APEX has a designated unit that periodically reviews raw materials reduction performance. Internally, we optimize our process recipe for raw material usage, which can not only reduce production cost but also reduce the generation of pollutants and wastes. Externally, we require our process tool suppliers to review and minimize the chemical usage step by step.
In 2015, we collect copper from waste chemical totally in 130 tons; sell Spent CL Etching chemical to qualified vendor totally in 11,412 tons; sell copper sludge to qualified vendor totally in 9,826 tons. Besides, APEX has invested in anti-pollution equipment for air and wastewater totally more 13 million in 2015.
(1) The Topic of Board directors' training course this year focus on CSR issue. After the class, the BOD members indicate to have more understanding on annual CSR report disclosure and greenhouse gas(GHG) inventory issue of APEX.
(2) To follow up the trend of market and regulations after COP 21, APEX going to learn and prepare GHG inventory information since 2016, then APEX will have the ability to satisfy kinds of requirement from all stakeholders on this issue.